POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Damn beta timeout : Re: Damn beta timeout Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Damn beta timeout
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 17 Mar 2004 23:56:26
Message: <Xns94B03C662AC9Araf256com@203.29.75.35>
dne### [at] sanrrcom news:405929dd$1@news.povray.org

> Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
>> What is the purpose of *forcing* user to download newer version of
>> Pov 3.6
> It's generally done that way in the software world so it doesn't
> escape into the wild and generate bug reports and support requests
> long after the real finished release is out.

I think that there realy should be an option like --force that will skip
checing date - for users that know what they are doing and want to
a) use software *now* without reistalling
b) wan to test older version i.e. for comparsion/benchmark/etc

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/